Sunday, November 23, 2008

Texas Hold-em Bay area edition




D& I have been wanting to throw a poker party for ages, and this weekend we finally made it a reality.  Being from Texas it was only fitting to play Texas hold-em.  Thanks to Nick for bringing his official poker table top and to our awesome friends, we had a great time.  I decided to give them a pre-Thanksgiving food coma by serving homemade pizza,wings, and ice-cream cake.  You can't beat that greasy, heart-attack inducing combo.  Not only did some people leave with poker winnings, but also some extra junk in their badonkadonk.  As I say, you can always count on leaving my parties a couple pounds heavier :) After this party, I realized how much I love entertaining and having people over.  My new year's resolution is to do it more often.  I still need to a better job of organizing it, and I feel like maybe a bigger kitchen and living room would help (that is a whole different story).  Anyways, thanks to the people who came and made it so much fun.  Until next time enjoy making these delicious homemade wings.  I wrote this recipe down a year ago from the internet, but I'm not sure where exactly I got it from.  Whoever it was, I owe you my first born for this mouth-watering recipe. It's like going to hooters without the boobs. (pizza recipe to follow in next post)

Mouth Watering Boneless Buffalo Chicken Wings

  • enough vegetable oil for deep frying

  • SAUCE
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/4 cup hot sauce (the hotter the better)
  • 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder

  • BATTER
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 lb chicken breast (cut in 1 in cubes)
Directions:

Combine the batter ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.  Add the chicken to the mixture until they are evenly coated.  Cover and refrigerate for about an hour.

Heat oil on med/med high or 356 degrees on you deep fryer.

Remove coated chicken from the refrigerator.  Fry coated chicken in enough oil to cover them completely.  Make sure to not overcrowd pan.  This should take between 10-15 mins or until they begin to turn a deep golden brown. Depending on what method you use and the tendencies of your stove, cooking times may vary, so keep an eye on it.

While frying the chicken, prepare the sauce by combining the ingredients in a separate sauce pan over low heat. Remove from heat and stir mixture until blended.  Pour over fried chicken bites, evenly toss them in the mixture, serve, and enjoy!!!

My notes:

I recently bought a deep fryer, and it was worth every penny.  It saves you from smelling like grease and keeps your kitchen from looking like a bomb went off.  I only fried the bites for 12 minutes and they were a little too crispy for my taste.  10 minutes would probably be ideal.  If you're like me and like more bang in your hot wings, add more hot sauce and slightly decrease the butter.  I promise, you'll love it! 

Happy frying,
Mel J

1 comments:

Kjerry said...

I just made the boneless buffalo chicken wings and they were SO GOOD!!!!