Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I found the fountain of youth


Let me tell you, the strangest things always happen to me. ALWAYS. I have no idea why, but I suspect there might be a target on my forehead or something. Anyways, to add to my list of weird happenings in my life, my day began with waking up from a really bizzare dream. In this dream, I was back in high school again with some old classmates some new ones from my current program too, feeling all awkward, pubescent, etc. When I woke up I just felt weird, but no biggie, it was just a dream. So naturally as part of my daily routine, I get up, put on my oversized hoodie, and walk the dogs down the grassy patch in front of my complex. Across the street in front of the high school we live by, I see a cop make an abrupt u-turn and I think to nosy myself "Ooo! yay a car chase!" To my bewilderment, the cop pulls into one of the parallel parking spots in front of my house, rolls down his window, and shouts " HEY! Are you old enough to be out of school young lady?". Suddenly, I feel a sense of guilt roll down my spine, and then I suddenly realize, HEY! WTF, I'm fucking 24 years old, almost done with my master's degree. After a few seconds of taking in what was going on, I tell the cop " Yes. Yes sir I am old enough, in fact I am 24 and getting my masters". He studies me for a moment, looking shocked, and then tells me that it happens to him all the time. Yeah right! I guess he had nothing else better to do than accuse me of truancy and wear sunglasses on a cloudy day. This will just be one more story added to my story telling file. SCORE! I feel bad for him though cuz honestly, when I first wake up I do look about 15. Maybe it is a good thing, when I am supposed to be old and grey, I will still look young and vivacious. Hopefully that is...

0 comments: